Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Trip to the Rainbow Bridge - When Does an Owner Know When It's Time?

On Thursday 11/8/12 I went to the Rainbow Bridge. I had a wonderful year. I spent the summer at the ocean and I had recently celebrated my 17th birthday yet I had also started losing my ability to walk well, had lost sight in one eye and stopped drinking and eating as much as I used to. So a couple of weeks ago I asked my Mommy, Linda Messina, to help me transition peacefully onto my next journey and she did.

A lot of pet parents ask how you know when it's time to put a pet to sleep. Well there is a look we give you and then you just know. 
  
                             

When I wasn't feeling well I didn't post on my blog but I want to assure you that soon I will be sending my thoughts on this and that to my Mommy so she can continue my blog for me. I want to keep up with all of my blog readers! And be assured that I will continue to Unite, Elevate and Celebrate MUTTS in doggy heaven.
_________________________________________________________




Pin It!

14 comments:

TimberLove said...

We came to paw our respects, soft husky wooooos,

RA, Isis & Nanük

Reba Messina said...

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your respects. It means a lot. Reba's Mom Linda

CATachresis said...

We are so very sorry you had to go, Reba Messina, but you obviously were absolutely sure your time had come. Our sincere condolences to your momma xox

Anonymous said...

I know your family will miss you beyond telling. Play safe and happy at the bridge.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Oh no, I am so terribly sorry...((((hugs))))

Reba Messina said...

Thank you Caren and Cody; CATachresis and bentneedle.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear it was your time. You are so right about the look. Hugs & prayers for you and your family.
Hugs,
Pepper

Two French Bulldogs said...

What a difficult time. So sorry.
Benny and Lily

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

So sweet of you to take your pain and try to turn it into a learning experience. As for the magazine cover, the legend is that it was Reba on the cover, and we print the legend

Talking-Dogs said...

I've seen that look and responded just as you did. My heart goes out to you. My Lucy and Tucker went to the bridge this year... look for them, Reba, and they'll show you around. Hugs.

Jo's World said...

Hi Reba, you don't know me or my Mom but we thought you were a very cute pup and wanted to write you. We came only to find you had crossed the bridge! I didn't know you could communicate from the Rainbow Bridge, but if you see any of my old dogs, Otis, Eddie, Bitsy, Woofie, Cappie, Stubby, please tell them Mom has never stopped loving them, not even for a minute. I hope you are getting along just great there!

Kisses,

Stella and her Mom

Misaki @ misadventuresofMisaki said...

So incredibly sorry to head of your sad news.
Run free over rainbow bridge xx

Reba Messina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reba Messina said...

Thank you all for your kind words.